Saturday, March 11, 2017

OUGD501 - Bauhaus Archive



Bauhaus Archive was a small but interesting gallery, I was amazing to see how experimental some of the early work was there. The very surreal photography was something I had never really seen of the Bauhaus work before it reminded me of some of the work that students do in foundation courses- really experimental and fun! These posters were mad by a designer and teacher I really admire called Sacha Lobe who is director of communications (I think) as the Bauhaus archive. The choice of colour and really experimental typography is so eye catching and is something really different. Overall short and sweet the Archive was really inspiring and was amazing to see some work that I have always admired. 






























































The use of typography shown in these posters reflects the architectural style outlined within the Bauhaus. The angular shapes and geometric theme runs through all the typography. If I decide to look at type as a focus this style is not far off what I would strive to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment