Sunday, March 27, 2016

Practical Work

For my practical work I have been thinking what kind of work I would like to create relating to my essay question and the key themes I highlight within my essay. 

For my practical work I want to look at art and design and their connection with politics, art influenced by politics and the idea that art and visual communication can have direct influence in politics. 

The artist Ai Weiwei talks a lot in his work about the power of the internet as an art form and that it can have one of the largest influences on the decisions and opinions of the general people. On top of this the idea that it is the most direct form of communication that can be seen by anyone around the world. 

Due to this direct and open form of communication creating something that lends itself to this online platform I believe is an appropriate format to create my practical response in.  I would like to look into online communication of political art. With the large amounts of art and design created on this online platform there is an opportunity to document this in a online publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment