Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Synthesis

As my question is “Discuss the role that Graphic Design can play during periods of political and/or social upheaval." within my essay I speak overall of the obligation artists and designers feel to respond to issues they feel connected or strongly moved by this in turn should then be reflected somewhat in my practical response. As I am creating a online magazine celebrating examples of political and socially driven art every example should be underpinned by the artist or design having strong issues in connection with this. In my research I have found examples of works by Ai Wei Wei, James Bridle, Keith Haring e.g that are all very different and showcases the many many formats and approaches that can be undertaken in expressing this need for change. My designs should then reflect as appropriately as possible these different examples to best display their qualities and differences. I am yet to know if this response will be as engaging and interesting as I would like it to be but I am sure at least that it connects to my essay question and the issues I have raised and highlighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment